Below, we list energy associations, journals, and information resources. Know of something we should add to the list? There is a space for comments and suggestions at the bottom of the page, or you can contact us using this form.
Energy Associations and Institutions
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) International NGO that works with government, business, industry, financiers and civil society to expand the global market for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
- Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21) Global policy network aimed at providing a forum for international leadership on renewables.
- World Renewable Energy Congress/ Network (WREC/ WREN) U.K. nonprofit, affiliated with UNESCO, supports implementation of renewable technology worldwide.
- Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society)
- Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy (American Institute of Physics)
- Renewable Energy: An International Journal (World Renewable Energy Network)
- Energy Locate A resource provided by the publisher Elsevier, featuring “online books, journals, magazines, conferences, news, social networking, energy experts forum, citation database, videos and more.”
- Practical Pieces of the Energy Puzzle Special section of Issues Online, a publication of the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, and the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Energy Information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government. Includes US and international data (e.g. International Energy Outlook 2008.)
- International Energy Agency Intergovernmental organization that advises 28 countries on energy policy; site provides statistics, background and publications on a variety of energy sources. Some publications for purchase; others free, such as Key World Energy Statistics, 2008.
- Reegle Renewable energy information clearinghouse incorporating searchable databases that cover jurisdiction, laws, policies, finance, investment, reports and analyses of renewable energies